Craft Breweries in Haliburton and Muskoka.
Craft breweries are popping up everywhere! What is more reminiscent of summer vacation in cottage country than a cold beer on a hot day on the dock. Well, now a days beers are often a craft beer from a local brewery. Below are our top 10 (in no specific order) craft breweries in Haliburton and Muskoka. Stop by on your way to the cottage and grab a few beers to go or make it an outing and visit a brewery for a meal and the ambiance.
1) South River Brewing Company: Located in South River Ontario this brewery was formerly known as Highland Brew Co. It is a small batch brewery that was founded in 2009 in Norther Ontario. They use local ingredients and have 9 core beers on their list. They also do seasonal beers, collaborations and sell hard sparking beers.
2) Boshkung Brewing Co.: Located in the heart of Minden this small batch brewery has a location called Boshkung Social in Minden where beer and food is served. They have beer on tap and in cans. A wide range of types of beers from a hazy IPA to a sour to a Pilsner.
3) Norse Brewery: This craft brewery is in Nobel Ontario (just north of Parry Sound). They pride themselves on using all natural ingredients without additives or short cuts in the brewing process. This leads to a very flavourful beer. Stop by and check out their Viking themed brewery.
4) Trestle Brewing Company: Located in downtown Parry Sound on the waterfront with beautiful views of Georgian Bay and the Trestle Bridge. This brewery is independently owned. This old building was a train station that was clean up and converted to the brewery. It is a gathering place in Parry Sound where you can get good gastropub food that is paired with their wide-ranging beer selections!
5) Canvas Brewing Co.: Opened its doors in 2019 in downtown Huntsville. Their opening beer was a Kolsch beer, and they have expanded to a taproom with 20 taps! This brewery also has a large event space if you are looking for a work event or a party space.
6) Clear Lake Brewing Co.: Wow! This Brewery has a ton to offer. Located in Torrance Ontario, Clear Lake Brewing has fresh naturally crafted beer year-round! You can enjoy it with their great selection of food at the brewery. If that is not enough check out the “Muskoka Beer Spa”. Back to the beers…they have several different ales and my favourite, a Radler!
7) Katalyst Brewing: This brewery is a lager-based brewery located in the historic Granary building in Bracebridge Ontario. Previously home to Muskoka Brewing from 1994-2012 Katalyst Brewing has taken over the space. They have some great sounding beers and sell wine!
8) Sawdust City Brewing Co.: Since 2011 this brewery is in Gravenhurst Ontario. They have a bar, retail store and patio and kitchen so you can enjoy their beer, buy some swag, and have a great meal all at once. This brewery has an extensive offering of beers from IPAs to Pale Ales to Stouts and much more!
9) Muskoka Brewery: One of the older craft breweries in cottage country Muskoka Brewery has been around since 1996. Located in Bracebridge they are known for their handcrafted premium beers. They have a pet friendly patio where you can sample beer with kid friendly snacks. They also have a tap room to sample their extensive beer selection.
10) Lake of Bays Brewing Company: Located in Baysville, Muskoka, this brewery is 10 years old. They also sell a range of beers from IPA to stouts. Their beer is also found at the Bracebridge Barrelhouse and the Huntsville Brewhouse. Stop by and grab a beer and sit on their patio.
There are so many options for food and drinks in Haliburton and Muskoka. Even if you are not a beer drinker check out some of these locations who have great food and live music.
As always, we look forward to hearing from you!