Kawartha’s Craft Breweries
Craft Breweries in Kawartha’s.
A few weeks ago, we did a blog on craft breweries in Haliburton and Muskoka. This week we are looking at the craft breweries that are popping up Kawartha’s. There are some great craft beers that are made in the Kawartha’s so check out some of these local breweries.
1) Fenelon Falls Brewing: This brewery has a beautiful location in Fenelon Falls. They are located at Lock 34 on the Trent Severn Waterway in a gorgeous 200-year-old building. They have a great section of beers from IPA, Sours and Lagers to Saison’s, Gose and Seltzers. They have a restaurant on site where you can enjoy great food and Fenelon Falls Brews!
2) Boshkung Brewing Co.: Located in the heart of Minden this small batch brewery has a location called Boshkung Social in Minden where beer and food is served. They have beer on tap and in cans. A wide range of types of beers from a hazy IPA to a sour to a Pilsner.
3) Old Flame Brewery: This craft brewery is found in Port Perry. Their signature collection of lagers and cool branding makes them a place to check out. They also have a seasonal beer which changes. They are a part of the community with events such as lady’s night and live music. Their building alone is worth visiting. Built in 1874 as this location housed a Carriage Manufacturing company. Book a tour or the tasting room and enjoy!
4) Quayle’s Brewery: This hidden gem is in Coldwater, Ontario. They use their own spring water and fresh farm hops to make their craft beers. Their “musical barn” has a large outdoor patio, acoustic lounge and tasting room. There is plenty of space for the kids to wander as you enjoy your beer. They also have a menu so the family can enjoy some great farm food.
5) The Second Wedge Brewery.: Opened its doors in 2015 in Uxbridge they are located just over the second wedge of the Oak Ridges Moraine. They support local companies, artist, and musicians. They have visitors from all over come not only for their great beer but for the outdoor beer garden and good vibes!
6) Ashburnham Ale House and Craft Beer Café: This amazing location is in Peterborough. We love the aesthetics and outdoor dining space. This amazing space does not brew its own beer, but they do have an outstanding selection of craft beers from around Ontario. They have an extensive menu, and you will be able to find something on here for even the pickiest eater. They are located beside the Rotary Trail. What better place to stop and have a coffee or beer?
7) Haliburton Highlands Brewery: This brewery is found in Haliburton. They incorporate local ingredients and have sustainable operating practices. They have a taproom and patio where you can sip on one of their brown or blonde ales or maybe a stout and enjoy a bite to eat. They have live bands July- Aug on Friday-Sunday. Pop in for a beer and some music.
8) Couchiching Craft Brewing Co.: Another great brewery and tap room with yummy beer and food. They are in Orillia and have events at their space you can enjoy! Stout, ale, lager, and IPAs are all brewed at this location. Stop. By and have a taste along with something to eat!
9) Lindsay Brewing Company: Lindsay has some great breweries with Lindsay Brewing Company being one of them! Stop by this amazing location and visit the Pie Eyed Monk restaurant. Try out one of the five regular brews or perhaps a seasonal or limited release will be available on your visit!
10) Old Dog Brewing Company: Located in Bobcaygeon you can stop by and have a beer or flight on the picnic benches outside or grab some beer to go. Some of the beers we like are the Summer Ale or the Single Malt Scottie!
There are so many options for food and drinks in Kawartha’s! Even if you are not a beer drinker check out some of these locations who have great food and live music.
As always, we look forward to hearing from you!