Craft Breweries along Lake Huron and Lake Erie.
The Great Lakes are not being left behind in the craft brewery craze. All the Great Lakes communities have some tasty local craft breweries. This week’s blog is focusing on some of the independent local craft breweries found in the communities along the shores of Lake Huron and Lake Erie. Most of these breweries have great food so plan to spend some time at them and really take in the vibe!
1) Bayfield Brewery: This brewery is located on the main street in the quaint village of Bayfield. Along with the brewery there is a Public Ale house with great pub style food! Our favourite at this brewery is the Hazy Sunset IPA! But there are so many great beers here from Pale Ales to Belgian Whitbier. This is a must see in Bayfield.
2) Stone House Brewing: Located in Varna ON this is one of the first craft Breweries in Huron County. The owner and brew master has been brewing for 29 years and his first brewery was Czech Pilsner. They now have a big selection of beers and are known for their great food, beer, and live entertainment during the summer months.
3) River Road Brewing and Hops: This craft brewery is a farm based sustainable brewery located just outside of Bayfield ON. As you drive down their road you will see all their hops growing that are used in their beers. They have a very wide selection of beers to choose from. The one thing that is a bit different about this company is they have a podcast so give them a listen!
4) Bad Apple Brewing Company: Located on the Bluewater Highway just south of Bayfield this brewery has such a great vibe. Amazing food, great beer and such a fund spot to hang out and enjoy an afternoon. They have some great food and live music coming up in May so check them out. This family run brewery has a great selection of beers like their flagship beer a West Coast White beer, to a juicy IPA or an apple sour.
5) Square Brew: Just celebrated their 5th year anniversary. Located in Goderich their beers are found in many of the local restaurants in Bayfield, Goderich and along the coast. They have great events here from live music and open- mics to comedy nights! In the summer they often have food trucks for munchies with your beer! Give their West Coast IPA or Nitro stout a try.
6) Grey Matter Beer Company: This amazing location is in Kincardine. I love the design of their cans. Super cool! They also have a great variety of beers from Stouts to Helle’s Lager and IPA and APA’s to sours. This is a must try brewery!
7) Hometown Brew Co: This brewery is newest brewery in Norfolk County. It is in St. Williams (on the shores of Lake Erie at the Long Point Eco Adventures). Come and check out their super cool taproom/store called the Seacan which is a converted shipping container. A great selection of beers for those warm summer nights.
8) New Limburg Brewery: Located in Simcoe, this microbrewery specializes in Belgian Ales. They have a great ambiance here with front and back patios for some bistro style food to enjoy with their beers. Their building is super cool and reflects that product that they brew!
9) Railway City Brewing Company: This brewery is in St Thomas ON. They are known for their all-natural small batch beers. This location has a taproom, tours, and does daily samples. This place is such a fun stop. They are currently advertising a new Blue Raspberry Creamsic Ale! Their tap room has live music and comedy nights. Check them out for their next event.
10) Ramblin Road Brewery Farm is a destination stop. Located in La Salette ON, not far from Delhi Ontario, this microbrewery grows 11 varieties of hops, and they brew 9 varieties of craft beer. They are also known for their kettle chips. They have a restaurant and patio where you can try out the amazing selection of food and the craft beers. My choice would be a flight so I can sample more or the Pineapple Radler which features their Cream Ale.
There are so many options for food, beer and entertainment along the Lake Huron and Lake Erie shoreline communities! There truly is something for everyone at these breweries.
As always, we look forward to hearing from you!